How to Use HGH
How to use HGH injections is one of the most frequently asked questions in the growth hormone therapy field. Dosage, reconstituting, and administering are essential aspects of HGH usage, so be sure you have carefully studied the instructions, provided with the medication, and the short HGH usage guide we have prepared below.
What Is Needed for Proper Administration of HGH?
HGH usage requires care: molecules of somatropin are extremely fragile and can be ruined by severe shaking or heat. That’s why make sure you store HGH in a cool place, preferably refrigerator, and act carefully when reconstituting the hormone vial. To prepare for growth hormone use and to administer it properly, you will need two important things:
True growth hormone comes in the form of dried (lyophilized) powder that needs to be reconstituted with water. Several types of water will work for this: sterile bacteriostatic water, normal saline, or plain sterile water for injections. In general, the choice of water for HGH usage depends on how soon the vial will be used up: bacteriostatic water stays sterile for the longest period of time (3 – 3.5 weeks), but if the dosage is higher and the vial will be used up sooner, other options can be chosen.
For HGH usage, it is recommended to prepare two types of syringes: one for mixing the vial, and the other for administering it. Insulin type syringes work well for HGH injections, especially the ones with 100 markings (they make it easier for you to determine the dose).
Basically, here are the items you will require for an HGH injection:
- 1 bottle of bacteriostatic water (plain sterile water, normal saline);
- 1 bottle of somatropin;
- 1 syringe for mixing the vial;
- administering syringes;
- secure disposable container.
Step-by-Step HGH Usage Guide
- Step 1: Remove the cap from the bottle of bacteriostatic water and wipe the rubber with a medical alcohol pad.
- Step 2: Take a mixing syringe and extract 3.0 cc of bacteriostatic water vial into it at a moderate pace.
- Step 3: Remove the plastic cap from the bottle of somatropin.
- Step 4: Put the mixing syringe into the somatropin bottle and slowly release the water into the bottle.
- Step 5: Slowly turn the bottle until the water is mixed with the somatropin powder. Remember not to shake the bottle! That would ruin somatropin molecules.
- Step 6: Make sure the mixture is clear and free of powder remains. That means the vial is ready.
- Step 7: Take the cap off your small administering syringe.
- Step 8: Insert the syringe into the bottle with the ready vial and extract 40.0 units into the syringe at a moderate pace (this equals 2 IU of growth hormone).
- Step 9: Inject the hormone subcutaneously into your belly or inner thigh.
- Step 10: Dispose of the syringes, using a secure container.
- Step 11: Place the rest of the mixture into a refrigerator (make sure the temperature is around 36 – 46 F or 2-6 C ).
Dosage is another important aspect of growth hormone use. It is important to consult a doctor before you start HGH usage in order to determine the optimal dose for you. Generally, the dosage depends on your purpose of HGH usage. 2 IU (International Units, the units human growth hormone is measured in) per day are normally prescribed for anti-aging purposes, 4-6 IU are used by athletes for weight loss and bodybuilding, and doses of 8 to 16 IU are prescribed for short terms only to treat injuries and severe burns.
How Long Does It Take for Results to Kick In?
Growth hormone use brings visible and tangible results, increasing energy, slowing down the aging process, improving skin and hair condition, and even improving eyesight.
Within only several days of HGH therapy energy, vitality, and productivity will start increasing, and the result will continue building up in the course of treatment. During the first few weeks of HGH treatment, you can expect better and healthier sleep. The second month will demonstrate rejuvenating results for your skin, and by the third month improvements in the condition of your hair become noticeable. Increasing muscle mass takes 2-3 months for the visible results to kick in.
Want to Know More About How to Use HGH?
If you would like to get more information on HGH usage and get personalized recommendations for growth hormone use, contact our physician by completing the form here.