In today’s day the situation is that in many men, even in young males, testosterone is at a very low level. First of all this is linked to an unhealthy lifestyle – harmful habits such as smoking and use of alcohol, a diet that is off balance, insufficient sleep, low physical activity level, and so on. This is where poor health links to low testosterone levels.
Why should you raise the level of testosterone?
In order to answer this question, let’s discuss how a low testosterone level affects the male organism:
- Lower sexual desire
- Decreased muscle mass and strength
- Lack of secondary sex characteristics
- Lower vitality
- Fatigue and irritability
- Disability to concentrate
- Decline of mental agility and memory function
- Slower metabolism, increased fat deposits
To imagine the same list for a man with a normal level of testosterone, all factors would be the opposite. There is no doubt that testosterone is the most important hormone for men!
How to increase testosterone naturally:
Diet – The first step in the process is to monitor the consumption of necessary nutrients that play a role in the synthesis of testosterone:
- Minerals – the main building blocks of the testosterone molecule is zinc. Without this element it is not possible for testosterone to be created. For this reason the first thing that should be taken care of is a sufficient amount of zinc in the body. Zinc can be found in seafood such as squid and anchovies, fish such as salmon, trout, and Pacific saury, nuts such as walnuts, peanuts, pistachios, and almonds, along with pumpkin and sunflower seeds. Other essential minerals involved in the biosynthesis of testosterone are selenium, calcium, and magnesium
- Vitamins – Of course, for a healthy body all vitamins need to be in check. But the vitamins that play a special role in the synthesis of testosterone are vitamin C, E, F (omega-3 and omega-6) and B. Vitamin C, F, and B are directly involved in the process and vitamin E protects the testosterone molecule from disintegration. These vitamins can be found in citrus fruits, rose hips, blackcurrants, fish oil, avocados, and nuts.
- Proteins, fats, and carbohydrates – they are the basis for human food and activity in general, which occurs without special biochemical processes. For example, fat is a source of cholesterol that is required for the synthesis of the hormone. Therefore, men must include meat in their daily diet. However, it should be noted that low-fat or fat-free meat is best.
Based on the above information we can make a useful list of produce for healthy men such as seafood, nuts, beef, eggs, fruits and vegetables, and fish.
Sleep – It is in the mode of deep sleep when most of the sex hormones are produced. If your body doesn’t get enough of the sleep that it needs, all measures taken by you to increase your hormonal levels will be ineffective. A healthy sleep schedule includes about 7 to 8 hours of restful sleep, in complete silence and darkness. It is imperative to ensure that sleeping conditions are right for the maximum production of hormones.
Physical activity and weight training exercises also help to increase testosterone. What is it that has always typically distinguished males from females? Of course it is the man’s strength, which has grown to be the priority difference between the genders. This proves that weight training will increase the level of the male hormone. However, it is important not to overdo it, because the opposite result will occur if you do.
Basic rules of weight training to maximize testosterone:
- Do not overdo it – the weights should be such that you can do 8-10 reps maximum. This is keeping in mind that the last rep should be the hardest.
- The number of training sessions should not exceed 3-4 in one week. Between sessions it is necessary to take a day-long break in order to restore the muscles and the strength of the body.
- Include a strength-training program that increases testosterone, such as squats and deadlifts.
Monitor the level of hormones that negate the use of testosterone, namely estrogen, insulin and cortisol. If their levels are higher than normal, the production of male hormones will suffer.
Try to win – victory increases production of the male hormone! It is not for nothing that testosterone is called the hormone of winners. Even a small and insignificant victory increases its levels for some time.
The question of increasing testosterone must be approached comprehensively and carefully, considering all sides of the equation. Only then can therapy be effective and the disappearance of androgen deficiency will go much quicker and smoother.