Does Testosterone Increase After Workout?
Testosterone is a vital sex hormone which determines fertility, production of hemoglobin, distribution of fat, and muscle weight. It assists in the maturation of sperm cells. Testosterone levels are regulated by the brain and pituitary gland.
Hormone testosterone goes up for a short while after work out. However, these exercises have to be resistant or sedentary. Activities help in activating hippocampal brain neurons. These neurons assist I formulation of new brain cells. This enhances brain health, thus, increasing the production of hormones and blood flow. Also, working out helps in the production of testosterone. It also helps in providing safety benefits to your brain.
- Output of nerve-protecting compounds
- Enhanced blood flow to the brain.
- Successful development and survival of brain neurons.
- Reduced risk of heart attacks and diseases.
- Fighting depression.
What Causes of Decrease in Levels of Testosterone?
Several factors are associated with low levels of testosterone. Presence of excess fats in the body is the primary cause. A lot of fat enhances the production of the aromatase enzyme, which converts testosterone into estrogen. This interferes with the handling of emotions and harms sexual arousal. Stress and lack of sleep also decrease testosterone levels. This is more of hormonal interference. Stress arouses hormone cortisol, which disrupts the sleeping pattern. As a result, testosterone decreases.
According to Journal of the American Medical Association research, inadequate sleep can cause 15 percent reduction in testosterone. Also, consumption of alcohol lowers testosterone levels.
Moreover, the decrease in testosterone is determined by a man’s age. This stage is called late-onset testosterone deficiency. At this point, men become more moody, fatigued and depressed. They also experience a decrease in sex drive and low erectile quality.
Effects of Testosterone Levels in The body.
Decrease and increase in testosterone levels has numerous impacts. These effects are based on gender. Prolonged effects may cause loss of hair, reduced strength, increased body size, and large muscles.
When men have low hypogonadism, they undergo:
- A decrease in sex drive.
- A low number of sperms. This makes it difficult to have children.
- Swollen breast tissues.
In women, high levels of testosterone lead to deep voices, swelling of the clitoris, and reduction of breast and body size.
How to Increase Low Levels of Testosterone
Some workouts that increase testosterone include:
- Sprint. Testosterone after workout tend to rise. They remain the same even after the exercise. A maximum short and intense six sprints are enough.
- Heavy stuff lifting. This includes doing heavy exercises such as squats, bench pressing, and lifting heavy weights. This will increase the levels of testosterone.
- Adapting long periods of rest. This means taking 120 seconds off while exercising. Rest periods can be alternated with different activities such as stretching.
- Doing forced repetition. This insists on doing exercises as many times as possible. According to research, this generates more testosterone.
- Working out more using your legs. This improves the production of testosterone more than using your arms. A testosterone workout plan includes; Warm-up, repetitive bench press and squats, deadlifts with a set of pull-ups, sprints, and cool-down.
- The levels of testosterone before workout and after can be compared. The research carried, provide different responses. Some show that testosterone levels increase after exercising while others claim that the standard lowers. Following a study that was carried out on athletes, testosterone level goes up after a workout. The increase in hormone production is subjected to increase in metabolic activities and efficient blood flow. On the other hand, hormone levels are low before exercise.
Testosterone and muscle development
Testosterone is assumed as the hormone for muscle building. Heavy lifting and resistant workouts result to increase in testosterone levels. As a result, one experiences a massive muscle growth.
Ways to Naturally Increase Testosterone Levels.
- Their several strategies you can use to boost testosterone.
- Decreasing of fats. According to research by Endocrine Society, overweight men have low testosterone compared to fit men. This can be done by having a healthy diet and the right workouts.
- Carrying out high-intensity workouts with intermittent fasting. This boosts testosterone levels and prevents its decline.
- Ensure to consume a high amount of zinc, vitamin D, and proteins. This is vital in protecting men from reduced testosterone after a workout.
- Reduce stress. This prevents the production of the hormone cortisol. Therefore, preventing the blocking effect on testosterone.
- Reducing or eliminating sugars. Sugar intake tends to increase insulin levels. This, in turn, leads to low testosterone levels.
- Consume healthy fats. This is essential for increasing hormone testosterone. Such fats include; Avocados and nuts.